Custom Log Homes
Cabins | Tiny Homes | Lodges
We work with you in order to determine a unique design for your log cabin. Once plans are made, we begin handcrafting the log framework at our building yard in Vermont. This typically includes:
- Conduits are drilled in the logs for electrical wiring.
- Logs are mortised to receive electrical boxes, outlets, switches, walls, ect.
- Window jams installed & ready for windows & finish trim.
- Log stairs & railings are built.
- Corner and lateral notches are insulated.
- Log roof system with milled flats ready for SIPs or conventional roof framing.
- Finely sanded window bevels, log ends, and curves.
Once the shell is complete, we disassemble for transport and reassemble on your foundation, which is built ahead of time, in 3-10 days. At this point it’s ready for finish carpentry, electrical, and plumbing.